So there i was, in the park on Saturday, with Rebecca. Rebecca has a very strong sense of what she wants, and a very strong sense of right and wrong. Stubborn, she is. Like both her mother and father. Bossy, too. But there she was in the park, and she stopped. She looked down. And pointed.
"Shoes", she said. I looked at her confused. "SHOES" she said sternly, pointing down at my shoes,at the laces on the grass. Not her shoes, but my shoes. I know they are shoes, but it wasn't said in that voice of 'wow! look what i've found!'. It was in a stern, insistent voice - almost as if saying 'oi! i'm talking to you, why the hell can't you understand what i mean?' .....and then mummy explained to me what she was doing. Telling me off.For having long shoelaces, and I could have tripped up.
Bless her.Not even 2 years old, and she's telling me off.

No comments:
Post a Comment