
Oh well, since yesterday...
I stayed over a little at work, writing up the blog before the security alarms kicked in.I didn't really have too much time to do spellchecking and fixing broken tagging, so my apologies. It was either that or the police come (whoop whoop whoop) as i set the alarms off. I know I missed out vast portions of the weekend in my write up - having a picnic next to a tank whilst talking stitch burbled nonsense to himself, the walk to the pub with Giles where we discussed various unavoury and oddly amusing activitie, Xander giving me a big sloopy goodbye kiss - that sort of thing. But Xander did learn at least two words this week - the girl's name, and my name. (I am now known to him as 'Guam'
Anyway, its been a tremendously busy week. The amount of time I've spent at home has been minimal - I've worked out there's only been about 5 hours I've spent awake in my own home since this time last week. Tuesday was the Wicker man (no! the bees! THE BEES!) and a couple of pints with pynch. its Good to see that mr. Pynchon. And I'd forgotten justn quite how...strange...that film is; and simultaneously, quite how brilliant it is too.
Wednesday was work, and then off to see the girl. Followed by a film - Seraphim Falls. Now, there's a big difference between a film and a movie, and Seraphim Falls is a film. Seraphim Falls is a quirky, brutal, philosophical religious western about two men: one the hunted, the other the hunter - and the choices they make.Like Angel Heart meets The Unforgiven. It is also incredibly old fashioned, with realistic, brutal, unforgiving violence and not a single scene shot in a studio or a single pixel of CGI to be had. Very very very highly recommended (especially to you, mr. Pynchon, I think you would be impressed). Sadly the ending 15 minutes or so falls off the rails slightly, but it is still a hidden gem. Some reviewers have said that in 10 years time, people will think of it as highly as Shawshank - I can't see that, but it is a film that will be discovered by reviewers as a lost classic for years to come, I'm sure of it.(I'll try to write up a full review later).
By the way, I really do reccommend it very highly Mr. Pynchon.
Thursday was work. Thursday evening was bad - went to see the girl. It is.... in limbo. Maybe we aren't together. maybe we are. maybe we just need some space. it seems for now that we are not together at the moment. Seeds of doubt were planted in her mind by a third party, trying to split us up - looks like they suceeded, at least for now. Poison words and long memories appear to have come to the fore again. it may resolve itself, but there again, it may not....

1 comment:
I did go to see "Seraphim Falls" on the toss of a coin, and yes, I was impressed. Although it did go a bit bonkers once Wes Studi and Angelica Houston appeared.
Post a Comment