Friday, August 10, 2007



Time Changes....

Its a time of great, massive changes imminently. The end of September and the beginning of October this year, are going to see some pretty big upheavals.Two years ago, it was my beautiful daughter Rebecca being born, and being made homeless three days later. Things have thankfully got much better since then.

But as I said, there's changes due. Two major changes. First, and less importantly than the second one, is my job situation.

Its in flux. As some of you might know, my job is only a fixed term appointment. I've gone for the permanency, and they've held off giving us the answers for a long long time.

I've got the answer. Its not the answer I wanted; Its not that I haven't been offered a job, its that the job I've been offered isn't the job I am doing now ior the job i am trained for. And that is not the answer I was expecting. I cannot pretend that I am not anxious at this, and the new situation. However, there might be ... possiblities. Either way, I will keep you informed, in the long run. I look upon this as a .... negotiating position, really. Because the alternative they have offered me is distinctly...unfavourable.

Secondly - and this was a really big shock to myself though I've had a lot of time to get used to it - is that I'm going to be a father for the second time. The relationship between myself and Rebecca's mother has been very difficult lately unfortunately, but we're expecting another child at the end of September. When people ask what we are expecting, I say a baby, because we don't know whether its a boy or a girl. However, as the baby we have already is a girl, thats probably why we think of this one as a girl too.. and the only names we've been able to decide on are girl names too. Either way, its going to have a massive impact on my life. Much as I adore Rebecca, and Rebecca adores babies, there's going to be two children. And I'm all anxious, and nervous, and excited, and scared at the same time. It's only natural to feel all those things. But I'm definitely excited and looking forward to it, and nervous at the same time. Nervous as hell.

Big changes, yep ; Big Changes.

No comments: