Since thursday...went to the library, met giles, watched The Bourne Ultimatum , and then came home (eventually - via Asda), before going to bed too late. And then to work, again, which was Friday. I was in all honesty, pretty bloody miserable throughout the day. I can't put my finger on it, but I have been quite down for a couple of days. I think I'm just on the blob.
Bourne Ultimatum? Pretty damn good. Not as good as Supremacy - nowhere near as good, actually in my opinion. Thats down to the plot - the plot of Supremacy was a lot more labyrinthe and a lot more hidden, where as this is relatively straightforward and open by comparison. Something to do with the origin of who Jason Bourne is, why - and who made him the assasin he was; so its a case to go to x, meet y, get z and then repeat until end. Quite simplistic, but the film is exquistely well placed - with some stunningly well executed action sequences. Its also particularly nice to see London used in a geographically accurate manner, and the sequence in Waterloo where Bourne meets a nervous journalist is fantastically well done. And then there's a few other cities in its travelogue plot - Madrid, Tangiers, Moscow, New York - and each with a damn fine action sequence. But the film is flawed, because it seems little more than join the dots with action sequences used to connect them together. But is it well made? hell yes. Is it fantastically paced? yes. And are the action sequences good? Damn fine. A bit too shakycam and confusing, though, but brutal and inventive as before. There is, however, nowhere for a fourth movie to go - its all wrapped up, all the loose ends and all that that hangs over Bourne as a character.Incidentally, regarding the echelon word scanning program used in the bourne ultimatum - the processing centre is in flyingdales, not a cia substation in london.FYI.
And then Friday, I got up, and went to work. Bumped into someone i hadn't seen in ages on the bus, which threw me a lot and I probably came across as quite rude. Not intentionally, you see. I didn't even know they had come back into the country, come to think of it, and that really threw me.
I really was in a horrible funk on Friday. I went to see the girl, and that cheered me up a little, with a random act of kindness. Saturday was mainly spent running around, and then off home. A couple of hours later, girl came over again, and went out to a Birthday party for someone I work with. Stayed over again at hers, went out to the supermarket and watched a movie that surprised me by being much better than I had thought it would be, though the first twenty minutes are a little rubbish. (The Perfect Catch, aka Fever Pitch; aka a romantic comedy about Arsenal football Club transplanted to Boston Red Sox baseball teams; aka not too bad, as long as you aren't hung up on the very Englishness of the original film made in 1996 and just realise it is a sweet if slightly pointless romantic comedy)
Came back, too late, having stayed over. Got back, pottered about. Never enough hours in the day. And there's something else too. It appears that Redhead#4 (aka new Girl, from a couple of months ago) has split up from her boyfriend who she was two timing me for, and has come running back to me thinking I'd be available. And Not just that, almost as If I was waiting for her to come back. As I've pointed out to her, I'm with someone else and I'm not available, and I'm not going to be cheating on anyone. So what does she do? She thinks the best way to get me back is to call me over and over and over and over again. Dozens of times. That is however, even after I've told her to please leave it be as we aren't going to get together, because its over - because I'm with someone new. Dammit. I would say, why doesn't she understand? But its obvious to me, because It reminds me of how immature 19 year old girls can be, and this is just more the same. I wish she'd just leave me alone, so what can i do apart from just not answer the phone? I've already tried to explain it to her, and if I just don't answer, that might be the best thing.
So what else? oh yeah, I've watched "After The Sunset". Its Ok, but not very good. Quite disappointing, and like a lot of Brett Ratner movies - just quite bland. Its a strangely anachronistic heist movie set in some retroactive criminals paradise where gentleman criminals commit perfect heists and no one ever gets hurt.
Yep, its been a strange weekend. And I'm still in a strange mood.

1 comment:
The formula for "The Bourne Ultimatum" seems to be
Chase
Fight
Relax
and repeat.
Still the best action film of the year, though. P*sses all over "Transformers".
Ha ha ha!
Post a Comment