Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Something was pushing them to one side of their lives....



There's a lot of things I constantly think about. All the time. My brain runs fast, faster than my hands. Faster than my body. Faster than I can get it out. All these things, I feel almost...restrained....by the body in which I inhabit. There's things I have to do, daily maintence like buying bread, like buying food. I hate doing these things, because these things take time. Lots of time. And waiting for buses takes more time than anything. Everyday, I work for 8 hours, 24 minutes. I sleep for 8 hours,give or take. Everything else I have to squeeze into the little time I have. The half hour commute to work, and the forty five minutes back. ( A commute thats about to double, thank god!Its going to squeeze down the time I have for everything else down to six hours).

And then you have to cook, to clean and tidy, to bathe and travel, to do the shopping you need to do every single day. Every last bit of it. And then you walk and find you've just missed the bus and its half an hour to the next one home, not counting the actual travel time itself. All you want to do is go home and sleep, and eat, and sit down - but its 70 minutes before you can, and all you can do is watch those precious minutes slip away. Slip away into nothing; so little time, and so much of it wasted forever because of the usual stuff, tedious stuff. ... And in the meantime, the only thing between me and getting on with my life is the stuff I have to do. Most of it has no value to me, most of it doesn't benefit my life in any way whatsoever - most of it is just an obstacle to get through. To get past. So I can get on with what I want to do.

"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to. "

2 comments:

Mark said...

BUY A CAR

Graham said...

Its not as simple as that. Buy a car depends on i)having a driving licence ii)earning enough to afford Insurance and petrol and general maintenence iii)earning enough to buy the car in the first palce iv)having somewhere to put it and v)having somewhere to park it for work. (The office I work in has 150 staff - and only 30 parking spaces...)