What makes you laugh?
Rebecca. She makes me laugh, and giggle and smile, and cry tears of joy. oh, that and the flights of random fancy my brain takes me on sometimes.
What question do you most often ask yourself?
There's a few. Mainly, it seems to involve which bus to catch, which route to go home, and so forth.
If given a choice between your career or a career playing football for Norwich, which would you choose?
Well, I don't have what it takes to spend my career playing football for Norwich. It takes passion, and care, and most importantly - giving a damn about the game. I don't give a damn about football, which sort of makes it difficult to make a career out of it. My job at the moment I don't think of as a career though - Its something I do, and something I do not too badly.
Which people (historical or contemporary) would you like to invite to a dinner party and why?
Eugene Debs. Smedley Butler. Kevin Smith.
Can you remember reading any particular book as a child that had a profound influence on your view of life, the universe, etc?
I remember having an uninvolving, unexciting childhood ; I would often retreat into fantasy, aided by my Star Wars toys. And then, I started reading books. Dune. Always Dune. Every summer, I'd read it in the garden. And if I got done with that, there was always the multitude of (mostly uneccesary) sequels, or books about UFOs in the local library.
If you could invent a sport that even you would have enjoyed taking part in, what would it be?
Oh, a sport? ha. Try another one. Sports are a total waste of my flipping month...
Which are your least favourite words and why?
Oh, whatever.
If you were to appear in Star Wars would you like to be on the dark side of the force, the goody-goody Luke Skywalker side or would a whole new side have to be invented?
I think I would have to be a completely non-consequential character. Like...erm.....a low level intelligence analyst at the briefing in Return of the Jedi.Or Lobot. or max Rebo. He's kinda cool.Definitely cool.
If you had a time machine, where and when would you go?
oh, so many places. I'd start with the crucifixion of Christ and work from there.
What image or monument would you like to have marking your resting place?
I think a massive statue, decked out in gaudy neon, of a man playing air guitar.
What day in your life would you like to be able to replay on demand?
Oh, there's some I would rather not replay on demand. And some I gladly would. I can't pick just one...
What’s the most rock star thing you’ve ever done?
Jumped off Stage, pointed at a video camera, wearing a belt mad eof paperclips, at a school rock concert, screaming Iron Maiden lyrics. On the other hand, thats not very rock star at all - its very juvenile teenager thing. I was a utterly pathetic rock star - two or three gigs, foot on the monitor, hair flaying around in the wind, occasional rehearsals and then a couple of pub gigs, to a total of a a couple of hundred people.I hope we weren't too rubbish.
What was your favorite record when you were fourteen?
Philip Glass - "Koyaanisqatsi". And the soundtrack to the Blues Brothers.
What’s on your current playlist?
Kiss. Lots and lots of Kiss. The Cure. The Happy Mondays live in Barcelona (the best of - live CD free with the Daily Star the other day), Karl Bartos' "Communication", Radio 4 (the station, not the band), and a band called Prick. (Very industrial stuff, on trent Reznor's Nothing records)
Who’s the coolest person you’ve ever met?
Actually, my daughter. She rocks. On the other hand, I've met a few people who could probably called 'cool' by some people, so here's an assorted list of some of the celebs I've met; Dave Mustaine, Miles Hunt, Clint Mansell, the Spice Girls, Therapy?...and at least two dead celebs:-Wiz of MC4, Zac of EMF.
When do you think you’ll know it’s time to retire?
When there's things to be done, but nothing more to do for work, I hope.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment